Friday, September 16, 2011

Your Theme Day 1

Can you believe it, I survived a whole day!  It had to have been the huge response I woke up to as friends filled my Facebook wall with all of their support!  I'm stoked that some have decided to join me!  I feel like such a rookie, so bare with me.  The people that have inspired me to do this are pretty awesome, so I have some big shoes to fill. Their stories are pretty amazing & I'm hoping they'll let me feature them... Who's first?!...
Before you begin you need to clear your body of all the things you think you love. Like sugar, white flour & processed foods.  Start replacing them with whole foods like fruits, veggies, nuts, raw honey, whole grains.  I found that almonds helped me fight off my sugar cravings. Start off slow so you don't throw your system for a loop. Then over a week and a half or so you'll be adding enough raw fruits and veggies to jump start your metabolism & which also leads into a easier transition to a 100 % raw diet.
And so it begins... These are my tips for DAY 1...#1 don't start off with kale & ginger. You be fighting it all morning.  Although I did learn that adding lemon tones it down a bit. #2 Get a good night sleep. Your first day, you'll need all the energy you can get.  #3 Plan ahead, know exactly what you are going to juice & give yourself some time. #4 Have a song of the day....
I've always been a music lover. There was a time when you could quiz me on any song and I would know the next line in the lyrics.  So before I started my juicier this morning, I knew I need to have something nearby me that I could use through out the day, if I starting craving something... like peanut butter. (Why I craved peanut butter today I have no clue?) So, I chose music as my "save me" something.  I actually decided that I would have a different song everyday I'd listen to dance the cravings out. I'm not a good dancer so you could imagine the laughing that begins once I turn on my theme song.  Today it was this one....

You could only imagine how hard I had to play the air keyboard to get over the need for peanut butter;).... What's your theme song going to be?

Name Pin It

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...